I had the opportunity to sit down with Michael Kitces while I was in Dallas last week for the Technology Tools for Today conference for financial advisors.
Michael is, in many ways, a conference king. He speaks at 60 to 70 conferences per year. He also writes the most influential blog focused on financial advisors.
What fascinates me is the development of his career. Michael’s career developed from very humble origins. He found an area of interest and then applied years of diligent effort. Years later, he has succeeded in raising his personal income by a factor of 10 through the consistent application of some basic principles.
Enjoy this peak into the development of a career and consider how you can apply the same principles to your own endeavors.
- Michael’s site: http://kitces.com
- Michael’s Career Advice for New Financial Planners: “10 Tips For New Financial Planners To Maximize Career Progression” https://www.kitces.com/blog/10-tips-for-new-financial-planners-to-maximize-career-progression/
- Michael’s first appearance on Radical Personal Finance: http://radicalpersonalfinance.com/the-business-of-financial-advice-opening-the-curtain-on-the-history-present-state-and-future-of-financial-advice-with-michael-kitces-rpf0092/
- How to increase your income by 1000% over the next decade: http://radicalpersonalfinance.com/rpf-0010-you-are-100-percent-responsible-for-your-income/
- Please become a Patron of the show! http://radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron