My guest today is Sophia Bera, CFP® and she’s shaking up the financial planning industry! Her tagline is “I’m not your father’s financial planner.” And, she’s certainly not. Instead of going after the retiree market, she has chosen to focus exclusively on serving Gen Y clients.
Sophia is part of a new generation of financial planner who is working to bring a different style of financial planning services to a new market.
And, she’s doing it on her own terms.
In this interview, we discuss:
- Sophia’s story and how a non-financial person wound up becoming a financial planner.
- How financial planning fits into Sophia’s ideas for the ideal design for her own lifestyle.
- Why entrepreneurship is the new job security for millenials.
- How the financial planning industry is dealing with its reputation of being filled with old, white men.
- Sophia’s website: http://genyplanning.com