But what about getting a double bonus by organizing the conference yourself? That way you get all the benefits you would get from attending but you get the added bonus of becoming an industry leader.
Plus, perhaps you can make some money on the event!
My guest today is Philip “PT” Taylor, founder of http://ptmoney.com/ and http://finconexpo.com/. PT started working as a CPA, transitioned to full-time financial blogger, and ultimately created one of the most well-loved financial conferences: FinCon.
The interview is a complete discussion of:
- PT’s personal finance story and his journey out of debt.
- How he transitioned from working as a CPA to working as a full-time blogger.
- Where the idea for the Financial Blogger’s Conference (FinCon) came from.
- How he financed the initial transition.
- How much money he made in the early years and the most recent year.
Enjoy the discussion!