I spoke with Fred at the Technology Tools for Today Conference and we focused our conversation on the changing landscape of financial advice. Due to the nature of his job, Fred has a front-row seat on all of the changes happening in the industry.
The interview focuses primarily on the investment advice industry but does have ideas and content which can be applied to other industries. Topics include:
- History of the investment industry and the changing appearance of financial advisory firms.
- The changing role of marketing for financial services businesses.
- The transition from large investment firm marketing to individual financial advisor marketing.
- How large firms can appeal to millenial advisors.
- How trusted are financial advisors?
- How advisors can build more trust with the general public.
- The marketing of commission-based financial advice, fee-based financial advice, and fee-only financial advice.
- The increasing transparency of the marketplace.
Enjoy the interview!