I’ve invited Roger Whitney, CFP®, CIMA®, CPWA®, AIF®, financial advisor and host of the Retirement Answer Man Podcast on the show today to chat about retirement from his perspective.
Roger specializes in working with retirees and prospective retirees in a formal financial planning capacity. I think you’ll be intrigued by some of his perspectives.
Show topics include:
- Roger’s path through the financial planning profession
- How to create a retirement plan
- How to plan for retirement when you don’t have enough money
- What to do if you can’t retire…or simply don’t want to
- The impact of podcasting on Roger’s financial planning practice
Roger’s suggested interview questions for a financial advisor:
- How many client relationships do you have?
- Describe your ideal client.
- What is your specialty?
- Describe the process you use with clients.
- Describe your investment philosophy.
- What responsibilities will you handle personally?
- What level of communication should I expect?
- Will you serve me as a fiduciary?
- What are your qualifications?
- What is your disciplinary record?
- How are you compensated?
- What other fees, expenses and costs will I incur?
- Are there any conflicts of interest that you have?
- How many firms have you worked for (or describe your career path)?
- What would you like to be doing in five years?