One of the more interesting aspects of Doug’s financial life is his involvement in private business as an angel investor. He’s not only involved with the community of investors near him in Hawaii, he’s also committed a substantial amount of his savings toward his investments.
In this interview you’ll learn:
- Why Doug invests his money in private companies even though the majority of his investments are held in mutual funds.
- How much money he has made and how many of his investments have gone bust!
- How to get involved as an angel investor yourself!
You’ll also learn how to make the decision of rent vs. buy when considering where to live.
- Doug’s finance website: http://the-military-guide.com/
- Doug’s book recommendations:
- The Illusions of Entrepreneurship: The Costly Myths that Entrepreneurs, Investors, and Policy Makers Live By by Scott Shane
- Angel Investing: Matching Startup Funds with Startup Companies–The Guide for Entrepreneurs and Individual Investors by Robert Robinson and Mark Van Osnabrugge
- Fool’s Gold?: The Truth Behind Angel Investing in America by Scott Shane
- Support Radical Personal Finance on Patreon! http://radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron
- Support Radical Personal Finance by using our Amazon affiliate link: http://radicalpersonalfinance.com/amazon