When I was younger I was easily duped by the financial fraudsters that seek to build their empires by deceiving people. Thankfully, I never had any major financial losses, but I was definitely hurt when I discovered how gullible I was.
Since then, I’ve developed some slightly better skills for sniffing out fraud and questionable advice. And in today’s show, I share some of my tips with you.
I hope that together we can continue to develop our own skills of critical thinking and spread those skills to others. We certainly need more critical thinking across our society!
- Remember the woman who spilled hot coffee and sued? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/21/booming/not-just-a-hot-cup-anymore.html
- How Martin Luther King, Jr. Got Away With Plagiarism: Different Strokes for Different Folks http://www.garynorth.com/public/335.cfm
- Other essay I read from: http://www.garynorth.com/members/8981.cfm
- Martin Luther King, Jr. authorship issues https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr._authorship_issues
- Content of Character: Holiday for a Sex Addict (Martin Luther King’s “Greatest Struggle”) http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2430999/posts
- Start your search for a financial advisor with advisors who have been vetted and researched in advance: www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/paladin
- Refinance your student loans with SoFi and get a $200 bonus! www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/sofi
- Support Radical Personal Finance on Patreon: www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron