Let’s get a bit radical today, eh? How about some finance lessons from homeless people? 🙂 I’ve been doing some reading lately on the radical side…books written by homeless people and vagabonds to see what I can learn. Today, I share some of the lessons I’ve been learning in hopes of inspiring you with some out-of-the-box thinking!
Resources mentioned in today’s show:
- The Art & Science of Dumpster Diving by John Hoffman
- Possum Living: How to Live Well Without a Job and With (Almost) No Money by Dolly Freed
- Rough Living: Tips and Tales of a Vagabond by Vago Damitio (I don’t have the 2013 version…I have this older one.)
- Vago Domitio’s website: Vagobond
- How To Travel the World for Free: One Man, 150 Days, Eleven Countries, No Money! by Michael Wigge
- Refashionista blog – Lady who finds ugly dresses at thrift shops and repurposes them
- The Million Dollar Homepage and its history
- www.iwearyourshirt.com and Jason SurfrApp
- Trash Wiki – info for dumpster divers, freegans, etc.
- “Not Buying It” – NYT Article on Freegans
- Dumpster Diving Thread on Reddit
- The Secret Freegan
- Urban Dumpster Diver
- Dive! A Film About Dumpster Diving