June 1 is the start of hurricane season here in South Florida. June is always when I review my own hurricane preparedness plan and assess it for any weaknesses.
I’ve also kept a close eye on the Fort McMurray wildfires and the economic crisis currently underway in Venezuela.
Given these stark and vivid disasters, I’ve wanted to draw your attention to them as a way for you to consider how you’re prepared to handle them.
Today I focus on the importance of money–specifically having some available to you in times of crisis.
- YouTube: “Fort McMurray Evacuated During Massive Wildfire” https://youtu.be/kSPFt6O1FLI
- YouTube: “Welcome to Hell – Driver Escapes Fort McMurray Wildfire” https://youtu.be/ieTQvIdG-Vo
- YouTube: “Owners Watched Fort McMurray Home Burn to Ground Over iPhone” https://youtu.be/JTlGFsP4JeQ
- ‘We want out of this agony’: What it’s like to eat in a country that’s on the verge of collapse http://www.businessinsider.com/venezuela-economic-food-crisis-meals-2016-4
- Dying Infants and No Medicine: Inside Venezuela’s Failing Hospitalshttp://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/16/world/americas/dying-infants-and-no-medicine-inside-venezuelas-failing-hospitals.html?_r=2
- Support RPF on Patreon www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron