Today’s show is a reprise of RPF Episode 4 – How to Save Money on Communications Bills with update information–or at least that’s what it was intended to be! The interview wound up going in some other directions!
I.P. Daley, the Tech Meshugana has the best guide on the internet for how to save money on communications expenses without sacrificing quality. I recommend it be your first step on the road to cutting your expenses in this area.
Our conversation ended up going away from the technical how-to and into the more philosophical realm of why-to. We discussed why to cut back on television as an important part of spending less money, how to achieve greater personal privacy, net neutrality and telecom deregulation and even delved into economic and political theory pretty deeply from very different perspectives. I trust you’ll find this conversation between two friends to be interesting!
- Start here with Daley’s Frugal Communications Guide and follow through his recommendations.
- If you’re interested in Republic Wireless, consider Daley’s comprehensive guide for how to replicate their service for as little as $2 a month.
- If you have an iPhone, start here with “How to save money with an iPhone.“
- Wall Street Journal article cited in the introduction: “Save a Bundle on Your Tech Bills“
- Daley published an article after this show with many, many more resource links on the topics we discussed. Find it here.