As we all reflect on the actions of the government we US Americans have just supported with our tax money, I thought it would be a good day to read to you a very helpful essay called, The Law.
540 – Is US Government Bankruptcy a Sure Thing? A Friendly Debate with David Stein, Host of Money for the Rest of Us
On Episode 466 of Radical Personal Finance, I discussed the idea of the US Government’s certain default on its stated obligations and commitments by referencing Professor Lawrence Kotlikoff’s Congressional testimony on this subject. After that show, my friend David Stein emailed me to tell me that I was wrong. 🙂
539 – Friday Q&A: Should I Use an HSA Account to Pay for Medical Expenses, What Tools Will Help Me Find a New Career, Should I Participate in My Company’s Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Program?
It’s Friday! Today we discuss: Should I use an HSA account to pay for my medical expenses? What tools can I use to figure out a new career after unexpectedly coming back from foreign missions? Should I participate in my companies Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation program?
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s death on April 4, 1968, I thought you might enjoy hearing some of the audio from his last public sermon. This talk is entitled “The Drum Major Instinct.” This sermon was preached in the pulpit of Ebenezer Baptist Church, about two months before King’s death.
Today, a prelude to a discussion of how to lease a car. In this show we discuss a rational analysis of new car vs. used cars.
537 – Friday Q&A: Transitioning from PC to Mac, Enhancing a Personal Website By Helping Others, Financial Advice for an 18-Year-Old Rockstar, Major Financial Influences on Joshua
Today, we discuss: Transitioning from PC to Mac. Enhancing a Personal Website By Helping Others. Financial Advice for an 18-Year-Old Rockstar. Major Financial Influences on Joshua.
- March 26 | 536 – The Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin
- March 14 | 532 – Spending Money to Save Money
- February 22 | 527 – How to Buy a Used Car
- February 21 | 526 – You Bought a Pickup Truck? You Idiot!
- February 20 | 525 – Living on Lentils and Serving the King
- February 14 | 523 – Last Week’s Fiscal Catastrophe and Your Response
- February 7 | 520 – Coming to See you in 2018!
- January 31 | 519 – How to Get More Free Stuff!
- January 24 | 517 – Isaiah’s Job
- January 23 | 516 – Don’t Let Your Pursuit of Money Ruin Your Life
- January 11 | 510 – Which Expenses in Your Budget Matter the Most?
- January 10 | 509 – How Much Does It Cost You to Live Today?
- January 8 | 508 – Three Ways to Save Money
- November 3 | 500 – A Community Celebration of 500 Episodes
- November 2 | 499 – How to Live In Your Car and Love It!
- October 20 | 497 – Prioritize Your Life, Not Your Money
- October 19 | 496 – The Risk of Paying Off Debt Too Fast
- October 17 | 494 – Planning for Wildfires
- October 5 | 490 – Q&A: Paying for a Seminary Degree with Early Distributions from a Retirement Account, Can I Still Become Financially Independent if We Move to Paradise First, Should We Sell Our Rental House or Move Back for Tax-Free Gains, Are Healthcare Sharing Ministries Like Samaritan Ministries Any Good?
- September 25 | 484 – How Should I Handle a Sizable Gift From My In-Laws?
- September 22 | 483 – This Too Shall Pass: Keep Pressing Forward
- September 12 | 481 – Where Should I Keep My Emergency Fund?
- September 12 | How we Fared in Hurricane Irma (personal)
- August 29 | 478 – The Utility and Morality of Price Gouging
- April 13 | 452 – The Rule of 72
- January 3 | 406 – My Plans for RPF in 2017
- November 23 | 399 – Thanksgiving Greetings and Encouragement
- October 12 | 383 – Budget for the Accessories
- February 1 | 288-A Perfect Buy vs. Rent Case Study and Analysis
- January 28 | 285-What Does Financial Fraud Smell Like?
- January 25 | 283-Nine Benefits of Having a Job!
- January 18 | 281-Why I’ve Chosen to Invest in Real Estate
- December 18 | A Brief Christmas Card from Me to You
- August 31 | 233-I’m Richly Blessed by the Social Economy
- May 20 | 199-Whole Life Insurance
- May 7 | 189-Term Life Insurance
- March 16 | 167-Used Cars vs New Cars: The Great Debate
- January 6 | 130-My Personal Development Plan for 2015
- December 17 | Last-Minute Tax Planning Ideas To Save You Money RPF0121
- September 29 | The Compounding of a Career RPF0071
- September 26 | Choose Your Hobbies Carefully! RPF0070
- September 25 | Invest in Your Health! RPF0069
- September 24 | Invest in Your Marriage! RPF0068