As a–ahem–more practical follow-up to yesterday, here is my advice for a listener on how to buy a used car.
Flipping through my feed and I cannot believe what you just did. You idiot!
“The philosopher Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king. Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king, you would not have to live on lentils.’ …”
Today we answer this question: “I have accumulated $6,000 in credit card debt from a period of unemployment; should I use some of the $10,000 I have in my 401(k) to pay it off?”
If you want happy-go-lucky, unicorns-and-balloons-in-the-sky Joshua, skip today’s show. If you want angry Joshua to opine on his disgust with the US American politicians’ lack of fiscal restraint and the long-term catastrophe that is the US American budget, then you’ll enjoy today’s show.
Love isn’t primarily a feeling. Love is an action. Love does. You can show love with money in many ways, but a massively powerful way is by giving. Here are some ideas and thoughts to encourage you to build more love in your life by giving more.
- February 22 | 527 – How to Buy a Used Car
- February 21 | 526 – You Bought a Pickup Truck? You Idiot!
- February 20 | 525 – Living on Lentils and Serving the King
- February 14 | 523 – Last Week’s Fiscal Catastrophe and Your Response
- February 7 | 520 – Coming to See you in 2018!
- January 31 | 519 – How to Get More Free Stuff!
- January 24 | 517 – Isaiah’s Job
- January 23 | 516 – Don’t Let Your Pursuit of Money Ruin Your Life
- January 11 | 510 – Which Expenses in Your Budget Matter the Most?
- January 10 | 509 – How Much Does It Cost You to Live Today?
- January 8 | 508 – Three Ways to Save Money
- November 3 | 500 – A Community Celebration of 500 Episodes
- November 2 | 499 – How to Live In Your Car and Love It!
- October 20 | 497 – Prioritize Your Life, Not Your Money
- October 19 | 496 – The Risk of Paying Off Debt Too Fast
- October 17 | 494 – Planning for Wildfires
- October 5 | 490 – Q&A: Paying for a Seminary Degree with Early Distributions from a Retirement Account, Can I Still Become Financially Independent if We Move to Paradise First, Should We Sell Our Rental House or Move Back for Tax-Free Gains, Are Healthcare Sharing Ministries Like Samaritan Ministries Any Good?
- September 25 | 484 – How Should I Handle a Sizable Gift From My In-Laws?
- September 22 | 483 – This Too Shall Pass: Keep Pressing Forward
- September 12 | 481 – Where Should I Keep My Emergency Fund?
- September 12 | How we Fared in Hurricane Irma (personal)
- August 29 | 478 – The Utility and Morality of Price Gouging
- April 13 | 452 – The Rule of 72
- January 3 | 406 – My Plans for RPF in 2017
- November 23 | 399 – Thanksgiving Greetings and Encouragement
- October 12 | 383 – Budget for the Accessories
- February 1 | 288-A Perfect Buy vs. Rent Case Study and Analysis
- January 28 | 285-What Does Financial Fraud Smell Like?
- January 25 | 283-Nine Benefits of Having a Job!
- January 18 | 281-Why I’ve Chosen to Invest in Real Estate
- December 18 | A Brief Christmas Card from Me to You
- August 31 | 233-I’m Richly Blessed by the Social Economy
- May 20 | 199-Whole Life Insurance
- May 7 | 189-Term Life Insurance
- March 16 | 167-Used Cars vs New Cars: The Great Debate
- January 6 | 130-My Personal Development Plan for 2015
- December 17 | Last-Minute Tax Planning Ideas To Save You Money RPF0121
- September 29 | The Compounding of a Career RPF0071
- September 26 | Choose Your Hobbies Carefully! RPF0070
- September 25 | Invest in Your Health! RPF0069
- September 24 | Invest in Your Marriage! RPF0068