The Personal Finance blogosphere is healthy and growing. Many of the writers who heavily influenced and contributed to the growth are no longer writing. And, many new writers are doing an excellent job!
But, only a few have been around since the beginning and are still going. My guest today is one of those few.
Todd Tresidder founded FinancialMentor.com many years ago and he continues to build the site! I’ve admired his work for a long time and I’m thrilled to have him on today’s show.
Here are a few of Todd’s unique qualifications which make him an excellent mentor for many of us:
- B.A. in Economics from University of California at Davis
- Member of Economics Honors Society and Deans List
- A serial entrepreneur since childhood building many businesses and retiring at age 35 from his position as a Hedge Fund Investment Manager responsible for a 20+ million dollar portfolio.
- Todd’s portfolio management for the Hedge Fund produced 100% winning years except one which was less than a 5% loss.
- Raised net worth from less than zero at age 23 to self-made millionaire 12 years later by “walking the talk” using the same personal finance and investment strategies taught on this web site.
- An early pioneer and expert in statistical and mathematical risk management systems for investing.
- Financially independent from age 35 through investing – not marketing – unlike many other financial gurus who made their money through marketing courses and books.
- Still an active investor who earns consistent investment returns in both up and down markets.
I hope you enjoy today’s episode!
- 5 Essential Pre-Retirement Planning Questions
- Six Strategies You Must Know if You Want to Retire Early
- How Anyone Can Retire in 10 Years (or less)
- Todd’s book: “How Much Money Do I Need to Retire?”
- The Ultimate Retirement Calculator
- Resources for “How Much Money do I need to Retire?”