Today, we continue the Early Retirement FAQs series with Arebelspy, one of the lead moderators in the Mr. Money Mustache forums.
We tackle the question of “Should I pay off debt first or invest first?” from every angle we can think of.
This show is packed with ideas and perspectives, many of which I’ll bet you’ve never considered. You may think that this is a simple question to answer, but I promise that after today’s show you’ll have a greater appreciation of the nuance.
- First show in this series: “Early Retirement FAQs: Should I Invest in Real Estate or Stocks? An Interview with Joe, AKA arebelspy (who is on track to retire at 30 on a teacher’s salary) RPF0078”
- Previous episode mentioned: “My Plan For How I Would Become A Millionaire With a Minimum Wage Job at Walmart! RPF0043”
- Second episode mentioned: “In What Order Should I Pay Off My Debts? A Rational Guide to the Debt Snowball, Debt Avalanche, and Other Considerations RPF0032”
- MMM Forum thread mentioned: “Paying off Mortgage Early – How Bad is it for your FI Date?”
- MMM Forum thread where we’re discussing this series: “Listen to arebelspy answer the most common ‘Ask a Mustachian’ FAQs”