I met Eva in New Orleans at the FinCon conference. She was attending with her mother and I was incredibly impressed with her.
Eva writes about about personal finance for a teen audience. She began at the age of 15 and she shares her own journey and also gives advice for other young people.
In the interview, we weave two themes:
- Eva’s advice for teens
- Eva’s own experience/example as a financial blogger
Both of these themes are valuable. Frankly, I’m a bit jealous of Eva’s early start in writing about the topics of personal finance. I wish I’d had the foresight to begin at her age.
Listen carefully to the story of her site and consider how you can help your children–or yourself–to start something similar. It’s a really neat story.
Other topics include:
- Budgeting basics for teens
- The envelope system
- The value of attending professional conferences–especially for young people
- How to teach teens to get jobs
- Eva’s blog: Teens Got Cents
- Spoken Word Performance #1: I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate
- Spoken Word Performance #2: Why I Hate School But Love Education