Perhaps you’ve noticed that the topic of refugees has been in the news. The recent news sparked this question in the Radical Personal Finance Facebook group.
If I were unexpectedly detained/deported while I was traveling, with the uncertainty of my job or my possessions (or even my bank accounts) being accessible to me or even available to me if I were to somehow return, what would I do, and how would I manage? How might I create a plan to restart my life from scratch if I had to begin again in a different country?
I think it’s a fantastic question!
Today I answer this question in 3 parts:
- What can you do to prepare for detainment by foreign border guards?
- What should you do if you’re caught up in the mess created by the detainment of other people?
- What can you do to set yourself up to start a new life in another country if you have to flee in the middle of the night?
- Support Radical Personal Finance as a Patron! www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron
- Ideas from the survivalist world on what you can carry with you in an airport carry-on.
- Witness.org has some great resources on filming protest and human rights violations.