There’s a lot of interest in our current-day world with the ideas of survivalism and prepping. One visit to your local bookstore’s magazine rack will illustrate this to you.
Economic recessions and depressions, market instability, political gyrations…all of these things contribute to a general sense of unease for many people.
What could we learn about financial planning if we applied the mindset of a survivalist to our current reality?
I’m thrilled to bring you an interview today with James Wesley, Rawles. James literally wrote the book on how to survive the end of the world as we know it, among others.
Jim has authored 6 books on the topics of modern survivalism:
- How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times
- Tools for Survival: What You Need to Survive When You’re on Your Own
- Liberators: A Novel of the Coming Global Collapse (his brand-new book)
- Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse
- Expatriates: A Novel of the Coming Global Collapse
- Founders, a Novel of the Coming Collapse
- Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
Jim’s blog, SurvivalBlog.com has had almost 70,000,000 unique visits since July of 2005 and is one of the most comprehensive compendiums of survival information online.
The interview covers:
- Stockpiling as a financial strategy (the “Alpha Strategy”)
- Alternative investments such as precious metals, ammunition, and productive farmland
- Functioning in a barter economy
- Buying nickels for a guaranteed investment return
- Applying ethics and morals in an immoral society
- “Getting Started” on SurvivalBlog
- “IRA Nationalization” on SurvivalBlog
- FAQ on Pre-1898 firearms
- RPF Episode 84: “Protect Your Wealth From Inflation by Implementing the Alpha Strategy (by John Pugsley): Concept, Implementation, and Problems”
- Jim’s article on Investing in Nickels