Paul is an experienced financial advisor. But, he did that as a retirement hobby rather than as a wealth-building strategy.
To build his wealth, Paul took over, built, and then sold a manufacturing company. After retiring in 1982, he proceeded to build Merriman, a Seattle-based investment advisory firm.
He grew the firm from nothing to $1.6B of assets under management and then sold it and retired to run his financial education site: www.paulmerriman.com.
Topics on this interview include:
- The role of goals and affirmations on Paul’s journey
- What it was like to build an advisory firm in the 1980s
- What Paul’s retirement schedule looks like
Enjoy the show!
- Paul’s Podcast
- “Six Decisions Every Investor Must Make” – Paul’s Article on Marketwatch
- “10 numbers that can change your life”
- “Who should retirement investors trust?”
- “6 steps to the ultimate retirement portfolio”
- “Retirement savers: Fine-tune your asset asllocation”
- “30 reasons to fall in love with index funds”
- “Do you have enough money to retire?”